Picture this: You're lounging in your Post Falls home, a stone's throw from the majestic Spokane River and Q’emiln Park. Life's good. But, winter’s knocking, and with it comes a sneaky little problem: ice dams.
Ice Dams Build Up And Trap Water On Your Roof
Those innocent-looking icicles dangling off your roof are the tip of the iceberg. Ice dams happen when the heat from your home melts snow on your roof, then it runs down and refreezes on your roof edges. Left unchecked, those icy traps will build up and trap water behind them, leaving only one place for it to go - into your precious home.
Without proper removal, ice dams can lead to:
- Wood rot
- Structural issues
- Interior repair bills.
Signs You Have an Ice Dam
Discovering signs of an ice dam is crucial for protecting your home throughout the winter.
- Icicles on Roof Edges: Notice long icicles hanging from the roof's edge? They might signal an ice dam.
- Water Stains on Ceilings: Unexplained water stains indoors often trace back to melting ice dams.
- Drip Patterns around Eaves: Look for drip patterns near the eaves, indicating water trying to escape.
- Gutters Overflowing: If your gutters are filled or overflowing, it could be due to an ice dam blocking proper drainage.
Being vigilant about these signs allows you to address ice dams promptly, preventing potential damage to your Post Falls home.
If you notice any of these signs or suspect you may have an ice dam, contact our professional roofers at New Heights Roofing today for quick and effective ice dam removal!
You think a hammer, chisel, or some off-the-shelf chemical solution is your savior? Well, good luck with that! You're not just knocking on disaster’s door; you're swinging it wide open. Don't let anyone on your roof who is offering these solutions! These old methods are sure to cause shingle damage & deterioration, shortening your roof's life. And let’s not even mention the potential mess inside your home because of a small misstep.
The Real Way to Remove Ice Dams
Enough with the problem. Here's your solution:
At New Heights Roofing we are in it with you for the long haul. We aren't going to come by and slap a band-aid on the problem that will only make it worse in the future. We care about you and your home and strive to make it last as long as possible. We use a high-powered steamer that will melt away ice dams without damaging the roof underneath. The results are fast, safe, and won't cost you an arm and a leg to repair your roof in the future. We eliminate the ice dam dilemma, without leaving a trail of destruction.
Prevent Ice Dams This Winter!
Protecting your home from ice dams is essential in colder months, and a few preventive measures can make all the difference.
- Proper Insulation: Ensure your attic is well-insulated to maintain uniform roof temperatures and deter ice dams.
- Ventilation: Adequate roof ventilation helps regulate temperatures, reducing the likelihood of ice dams.
- Snow Removal: Safely remove excess snow from your roof, especially after heavy snowfall, to prevent ice dam formation.
- Gutter Maintenance: Keep gutters clean and free of debris, allowing proper drainage and minimizing the risk of ice dams.
While these measures are effective, if you find yourself in need of professional ice dam removal, don't hesitate to call New Heights Roofing for swift and reliable assistance in safeguarding your home.
Contact us today to schedule your ice dam removal service.
Post Falls is more than just a pin on the map; it's home. And at New Heights Roofing, we get it. Our mission isn’t just about getting rid of all sorts of roof problems like ice dams. It’s about preserving your house’s integrity, ensuring your home’s longevity, and upholding the pride of living in Post Falls.
Winter in Post Falls, with its snow-covered trails at Black Bay Park, is meant to be enjoyed, not fretted over. Choosing New Heights Roofing means you're opting for proactive care. A care that ensures your home remains a secure, warm haven, no matter how cold it gets outside.
So, toss those DIY fixes out the window and make a smart call. In just a couple of hours your ice dam worries can be melted away, and you can go back to enjoying our serene winter wonderland.
Call us today at (208) 487-6617 to schedule your ice dam removal.